The Golden Foodie Awards are for Chef Driven and/or Independent Restaurants
1. Best Mexican Food - Where in Orange County do you get the best Mexican food?
2. Best Vegetarian Food - Where in Orange County do you get the best Vegetarian food?
3. Best Pizza - Where in Orange County do you get the best pizza?
4. Best Italian Food - Where in Orange County do you get the best Italian food?
5. Best French Cuisine - Where in Orange County do you get the best French Cuisine?
6. Best Steak - Who makes the best steak in Orange County?
7. Best Indian Cuisine - Where in Orange County do you get the best Indian food?
8. Best Burger - Possibly the most iconic dish in America. Who makes the best burger in Orange County?
9. Best Asian Cuisine - There are many different types of Asian cuisine in OC…Vietnamese, Thai, Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, etc. Tell us which restaurant has your favorite.
10. Best Mediterranean Cuisine - Where in Orange County do you get the best Mediterranean food?
11. Best Californian Cuisine - Where in Orange County do you get the best Californian food?
12. Best Seafood - What restaurant in Orange County serves the most fantastic seafood?
13. Best Dessert - What restaurant or bakery in Orange County makes your favorite dessert?
14. Best Service Award - What Orange County restaurant consistently provides you with excellent service?
15. Bartender of the Year - Who is your favorite bartender in Orange County?
16. Best Beer Selection - What restaurant or bar in Orange County offers the best variety of beer?
17. Best Wine - What restaurant or bar in Orange County offers the best Wine List?
18. Best Cocktails - What restaurant or bar in Orange County serves your favorite cocktails?
19. Best Food Talk Radio Show - What food radio show is delicious to listen too?
20. Best Food Writer - Who is the Best Food Writer in Orange County?
21. Best Food Photographer - What Orange County based food photographer takes the best food shots?
THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES ARE "PEER'S CHOICE FOOD AWARDS" - THE LOCAL RESTAURANT INDUSTRY VOTES FOR THEIR FELLOW COLLEAGUES
22. Chef of the Year - Golden Chef award is a peer's choice award. This is for the chef in Orange County you most admire.
23. Pastry Chef of the Year – Golden Pastry Chef Award is peer's choice award
24. Best New Restaurant Award – Peer's Choice Award
SIMON MAJUMDAR, GOLDEN FOODIE AWARDS NEW MASTER OF CEREMONIES
The Golden Foodie Awards is pleased to announce a new master of ceremonies to host the 2015 red carpet affair. Celebrated culinary writer and Food Network personality, Simon Majumdar, will lead the Golden Foodie Awards on-stage unveiling winners in over 25 categories including Golden Chef, Golden Pastry Chef, and Best New Restaurant. The awards celebration will return to the Fairmont Newport Beach on September 27, 2015 and will offer tastings and cocktails from Orange County’s finest culinary creators, and honor winners with Golden Foodie statues and prizes.
Simon Majumdar is a world renowned broadcaster and author who has dedicated the second half of his time on this planet to fulfill his ambition to “Go Everywhere. Eat Everything”. It is a journey that has taken him to all fifty states and to dozens of countries around the world. He has written two books; Eat My Globe and Eating for Britain. His new book, Fed, White and Blue which catalogues his journey to American citizenship, will be published by Hudson Street Press in 2015. Simon is also a well recognized personality on the Food Network, regularly appearing on shows such as Iron Chef America, The Next Iron Chef, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Cutthroat Kitchen, Extreme Chef and Beat Bobby Flay. He has also recently appeared as an expert commentator on National Geographic's major new series “EAT:The Story of Food”. He lives in Los Angeles.
Copyright © 2007 - 2016 OC Restaurant Association, Inc. serving the Orange County, California Restaurant Industry
Home | About us | Contact us | Membership | Resources | Sponsors and Partners | Advisory Board | Strategic Partnerships | Buyers/Service Guide | Restaurant Guides | Events | Industry News | Member Benefits | Visit Orange County | Join the OC Restaurant Association online social network, a community for the Orange County Restaurant industry